A few more events to make your October cooler...
- Today at Jet's Pizza, 506 N. Main St., Chelsea, Dogfish Head is taking over 10 taps. Starting at 11 a.m., look for 60 Minute IPA, 90 Minute IPA, Bitches Brew, Burton Baton, Festina Peche, Indian Brown Ale, Midas Touch, Namaste, Palo Santo Marron, and Punkin Ale. Life is short. Drink better beer!
- Looking for dem fresh hops? Then head over to the new NULL Taphouse, 2319 Bishop Circle East, Dexter, tomorrow (Friday), when North Peak Hoodoo Midwest Wet Hop IPA goes on tap at a 4 p.m. release party. Six-packs (limit one per person) will also be available, and brewers will on hand to answer questions until 7 p.m.
- Every football Saturday Sava's, 216 S. State St., is holding a beer battle between a Michigan brew and one from the home state of the opposing team. As this Saturday the football team is taking on Penn State, it will be Short's Huma Luma Licious IPA from Michigan taking on Victory Brewing Hop Devil IPA from Pennsylvania. Try 'em both and vote for your favorite.
- Speaking of Sava's, parent company Savco is hosting Oktoberfest, a fall-themed beer crawl, on October 15 from 6:30-9:30 p.m. with stops at Sava's, Babo, and Aventura. Look for different beverages and activities at each venue, including dinner at Babo and a charity raffle. Tickets are $40 and can be purchased at any of the locations as well as online at store.baboannarbor.com.
- Tickets are now on sale for the October 29 Bell's beer dinner at Sidetrack Bar & Grill, 56 E. Cross St., Ypsilanti. The five-course feast features Sidetrack's top five dishes from the past five years, paired with Baroness Von Nordwestlich Altbier, Best Brown Ale, Black Note Stout, Oarsman Ale, and Two Hearted Ale. Call 734-483-5230 or buy online. (Bonus note: Go here to see what Sidetrack has on tap.)