|Rene and Matt Greff (foreground, L to R) return to India in December to oversee the final phase of their ABC India joint venture. Photo courtesy Matt and Rene Greff.|
Unless you've been living under a proverbial rock, you probably know that Matt and Rene Greff of Arbor Brewing Co. and Corner Brewery fame have been working with a partner in India to open an Arbor franchise on the subcontinent, specifically in Bangalore. In December, Matt and Rene are traveling back to the land of sacred cows to oversee the final buildout of the space, training of the staff, and initial brewing and grand opening.
But before they head to India, Matt and Rene are heading to Ashley's in Ann Arbor Wednesday, October 26, for a celebration of Arbor beers, including a sneak peek of three pilot batches of beers they're developing for the India pub. Beginning around 6 p.m., you can try the following specialty, rare and/or unusual ABC beers:
- Sodibo Barrel Aged Sour Blonde Ale
- Demetrius Barrel Aged Sour Double IPA
- Espresso Love Breakfast Stout
- Phat Abbot Dubbel
- Jackhammer Old Ale
Also on tap:
- Apple Scruffs Oak Aged Sour Lager (brewed with apple cider and cinnamon and refermented with brown sugar and champagne yeast)
- Bourbon Jack (Jackhammer aged in bourbon barrels)
- Sea Leggs Rye Porter (firkin)
And, finally, the Indian brews:
- Curry Spiced Belgian-Style Pale Ale (brewed with cinnamon)
- Garam Masala Pale Ale (brewed with ginger and garam masala spices)
- Mango Blonde Ale (three guesses what it's brewed with)
In addition, Ashley's will be featuring food specials that incorporate Arbor beer.
Don't miss this one!