|Erin and Ryan Cottongim hope to open Witch's Hat Brewing in South Lyon this month|
I occasionally get inquiries about Witch's Hat Brewing Co., a microbrewery-in-progress at 22235 Pontiac Trail in South Lyon, so I wrote Ryan Cottongim, president, owner, and brewer to ask what the deal was. According to him:
- It's down to approval (i.e. licensing) from federal bureaucrats, which is expected to come by the end of this month.
- The tap room will accommodate around 35 people.
- There will be no kitchen, but outside food may be brought in.
- There will be 12 taps, including five regular, two seasonal, and five rotating small-batch beers.
- Tentative hours are 4-10 p.m. Monday through Thursday, noon to midnight Friday and Saturday, and closed Sunday.
As a microbrewery, they ultimately plan to distribute their brews, two of which already have labels. Learn more about their beers here, and check out a review of their Holy Confusion Barleywine by The Shark Club's own "beer geek" Jon Cole here.
Ryan said he will post the official opening date on the Witch's Hat Facebook page as soon as he knows it. (There is also a Witch's Hat Twitter feed.) Let the local craft beer revolution continue!